The processing of personal data is carried out pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/03 (Personal Data Protection Code).
Personal data undergoing processing are:
a) processed lawfully and fairly;
b) collected and recorded for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes and used in other processing operations in terms compatible with those purposes;
c) accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
d) adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or subsequently processed;
e) kept in a form which permits identification of data for a period of time no longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or subsequently processed.
A. What are and how cookies are used
Cookies are text sequences sent from a web server (i.e. the website) to the user’s internet browser, automatically stored by this one inside the user’s computer and automatically sent again to the server when necessary or together with each further access to the website. For default , almost all web browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically. This website uses even combining them the following cookies categories:
- Session cookies that are stored inside the user’s computer only for functional needs, for the transmission of session identifications necessary to allow the safe and efficient exploration of the website; they delete themselves at the end of the session when the browser closes. This type of cookie prevents the application of other computers techniques potentially damaging for the users’ privacy.
- Lasting cookies that last stored inside the hard disk until their deadline or until users delete them. Through the lasting cookies, visitors that access the website (or other users of the same computer) are automatically identified during each visit. The lasting cookies satisfy a lot of functions useful to users (i.e. the use of surfing language or the registration of the shopping cart in case of shopping on-line). Users can set up the browser of their own computer for accepting or refusing all cookies or for viewing a warning signal each time appear a cookie, with the aim of evaluate if accept it or not. The user in any case is enabled to modify the pre- determined set up (default) and to deactivate the cookies (blocking them permanently), setting an higher level of protection. These two types (session and lasting) of cookies can also be:
- Of first part when are managed by the website owner and/or the website manager;
- Of third part when the cookies are created or managed by managers external to the website visited by the user.
B. How cookies works and can be removed
The operating principles and the options to limit or block the cookies can work modifying the setting of our own internet Browser.
Block the cookies of third parts: the third parts cookies generally are not essential to surf, so you can refuse them for default through specific functions of your browser.
Activate the option “Do Not Track” : the option “Do Not Track” is inside almost all the browsers of latest generation. The websites created for activating that option should automatically give up to collect some of your surfing information. But however not all the websites are set to respect this option (optional).
Activate the option “anonymous surfing”: through this function you can surf without leaving any trace of surfing information in the browser. The websites forget about you, the pages you visit will be not stored on the website history and the new cookies will be deleted. But the anonymous surfing doesn’t guarantee even the anonymity on the internet, because this function is useful only to delete the surfing information on the browser, while all your surfing information will remain available for the websites managers and for the connection providers.
Delete the cookies: there are specific functions to do it in all the browsers. But remember that at each internet connection you download new cookies, so the removal procedure would be done periodically. If you want, some browsers offer automatic systems for the cookies periodically removal. To eliminate the cookies from the internet browser of your own Smartphone/tablet is necessary to read the guideline of the specific device.
C. Cookies list of this website
As written in a), cookies can be of session, lasting and of third part. The responsibility of this last one is given only to the manager and they can be grouped in the following macro-categories:
- Analytics. Are cookies used to collect and analyze statistical surveys of the website accesses/visits. In some cases, cookies associated with other information as the log-in information for the access to the restricted areas (the e- mail address and password), can be used to make a user profile (personal habits, websites visited, download contents, interactions in general). In other words, Google inc. to collect jointed statistical information useful to evaluate the website use and the visitor’s activities, stores the information collected by the cookies in server that can be sited in the USA or in other Countries. Google reserves the right to transfer the information collected by the cookies to third parts where required by law or where the third part processes information for him. Google assures he doesn’t associate the user IP address to any other possessed information, with the aim to obtain a more detailed user profile. Further privacy information and use can be seen in the specific websites.
- Widgets. Are put inside this category all that graphic components of the user interface of a program, which has the aim to simplify the user’s interaction with the same program. So, widgets are the facebook, google+ and twitter cookies. Further privacy information and use can be seen in the specific websites.
- Advertising. Are put inside this category the cookies used to plan advertising inside a website. Google , Tradedoubler pertain to this category. Further privacy information and use can be seen in the specific websites.
- Web beacons. Are put in this category the code fragments that allow a website to transfer or collect information through the request of a graphic image. The websites can use the web beacons for several aims as the analysis of the websites use, the control activities, internet advertising and the management of contents and advertising.